Sunday, October 15, 2006

It all started…

Although I have been working on my jewelry company since early 2005, my first line of sterling silver jewelry was officially launched in the August 2006 market week in New York, focusing on my first line called “The Shanghai Collection”.

My travels to China over the years inspired this collection. I was in Shanghai, where old meets new is evident throughout the city. Enormous skyscrapers standing behind ancient Chinese architectures, western influences mixing in with the 5000 year old culture, creating a sharp contrast that is both exciting and unique. Inspired by this observation, I designed the Shanghai collection by combining detailed traditional patterns and bold contemporary shapes. In order to further give the jewelry a subtle touch of modernity, I used high polish finish to add shine to each piece.


Traditional Chinese architectures with carved wood windows and doors - Shanghai 2005


Bold yet detailed, sterling silver & mother of pearl -The Shanghai Collection


A typical sight on the streets of Shanghai where old meets new


Filigree Necklace - The Shanghai Collection

2 comments:

Mogura said...

I love that picture of Old meets New...amazing picture!

Drew said...

Very creative, Ippie. I like the west and east combination. Hopefully you can bring more of this type of inspirational design.