Monday, October 22, 2007

Hello from ippie

It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon in New York, I went to see a new show "Jump" in the Union Square Theatre. It was one of the most entertaining shows I've seen in quite sometime. After the show, I walked around Soho and looked at all the new winter fashion displayed in the windows. I don't know what exactly inspired me, but I saw this beautiful shape in my mind and I quickly sketched it so I would not forget. I was never a natural at drawing and painting. I was brought up in a business oriented family and my education was mainly focused on science and business. But I was somewhat a dreamer and always believed that if I have faith, my dreams will come true.

I received many emails after the Money Magazine's article about Ippie came out. I am extremely thankful that these people took the time to write to me and felt inspired by my story. For me, I think my story is a common one and if I can do it, so can you. It’s taking the first step that’s the most difficult but once you conjure up the courage to do it, it all falls in place.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw JUMP that day too! I loved that show. Show funny and goofy. And how the hell do they flip like that???

HongKongSmack said...

What a small world! I went to the 3pm show!

The show was so funny, I gave them a standing ovation. ;)