Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Introducing the Modern Collection

The Modern Collection was inspired by a contemporary lifestyle that I observed in New York City, Tokyo and Hong Kong. The collection currently consists of four pairs of earrings and it focuses on simplicity in shapes, lines and colors.

I want the collection to have an industrial and a bit of a futuristic feel, but since I love details, I used multiple silver plates and interlinked them with connecting rings.

The earrings (except the Unique Matte and Hammered Hoop Earrings) all have a rigid look. It is contemporary but very wearable. I used silk matte finish on all of them, the color and texture of the silver plates reminded me of my Mac Powerbook. The idea to interlink the small silver plates was inspired by interlinking subway trains that I take everyday.


Rectangular Dangling Earrings with Black Agate. E07507


Modern Retangular Hoop Earrings with Black Agate. E07607


Matte and Hammered Rectangular Earrings with Clear Crystal. E07707


Unique Matte and Hammered Hoop Earrings. E07807

No comments: